India lands on the Moon – level 3
India has achieved a historic milestone by successfully landing a Moon mission in the lunar south pole region.
The Vikram lander from Chandrayaan-3 made a planned soft landing at 18:04 local time, making India one of the elite nations to accomplish this feat after the US, the former Soviet Union, and China.
The achievement was celebrated across the country, with Prime Minister Narendra Modi expressing pride in India’s achievement. The Indian Space Research Organisation (ISRO) acknowledged the collective effort of generations of scientists.
The mission aims to gather crucial data and images from the Moon’s surface, with a special focus on locating water-based ice, which could support future human habitation and space missions. The rover will explore the surface, carrying scientific instruments to study the Moon’s physical characteristics, atmosphere, and tectonic activity.
You can watch the video news lower on this page.
What scientific instruments will the rover carry to study the Moon's surface?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.