India Plane Crash – level 2
On Friday evening, a plane crashed at an airport in Kerala, India. The plane was on the way from Dubai, and it carried 191 people. These people were in a difficult situation because of the coronavirus crisis, and officials needed to help them.
However, in India, there are heavy rains at this time of year, and it was difficult for the plane to land. The pilots aborted the first attempt to land because it was too dangerous. During the second attempt, the plane slid on the runway, and the pilots lost control of the plane.
When the plane crashed, it broke into two pieces. Luckily, there was no fire, and rescuers could take the passengers out of the plane. However, 18 people died, and more than 150 people suffered serious injuries.
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.