India train crash – level 1
A train crash happens in Odisha, India. At least 288 people die. 803 people are hurt. It is the biggest train crash in India in the last 20 years.
The Coromandel Express crashes into a freight train. The freight train is not moving. But it leaves the tracks. The freight train then hits two coaches from another train which is going in the opposite direction. Authorities think that there will be more dead bodies. Rescuers are looking for people. Special dogs help them.
Indian Prime Minister Narendra Modi wants to know why the trains crash.
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What actions is the Indian government taking to prevent accidents like this from happening in the future?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.