India train crash – level 2
A train crash in Odisha, India, killed at least 288 people and hurt 803 people.
The Coromandel Express collided with a stationary freight train and caused it to leave the tracks. As a result, carriages from the freight train struck two coaches from the Howrah Superfast Express, which was traveling in the opposite direction. Authorities expect that the number of dead people will increase because some bodies are probably in the rubble. Rescuers are currently looking for more people, and they use sniffer dogs.
Indian Prime Minister Narendra Modi promised help and he ordered an investigation into the cause of the crash.
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What measures have been put in place to help those affected by the Odisha train crash?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.