India tunnel collapse – level 1
Workers are building in a tunnel in India. The tunnel is in the Himalayan region. Some people are angry. The project will hurt the area.
The tunnel falls. 40 workers are inside. It is hard to rescue them. Rescuers need to clear 50 meters of stuff. They already clear 20 meters. They want to make a long hole to get inside. But it is not easy. The workers get air and food through pipes. Some feel sick, but they have medicine.
The tunnel is part of a big road project. But it brings many problems. Officials are checking the accident.
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What are the potential implications of the tunnel project on the environment of the Himalayan region?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.