Indian couple want a grandchild – level 1
An Indian couple are suing their son and his wife. They want to have a grandchild. The couple look after their son all his life.
The man wants to be a pilot. The couple pay for pilot education in the US. It costs $45,000. The man gets married six years ago. He cares only about his work. He doesn’t want to start a family.
His parents are unhappy. They spend all their money on him. They say that their son doesn’t care about them.
The couple say that their son must have a child within one year. If not, they want $675,000. They say that they give their son all they have. The money is compensation for them.
Difficult words: couple (two people who are married, or they are partners), sue (to go to court to decide about a problem or difficult situation), compensation (money for someone who gets hurt, or he goes through a difficult situation).
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.