Indian couple want a grandchild – level 2
A retired Indian couple want to have a grandchild, and they are suing their son and his wife.
The couple said that they looked after their son all of his life, and then they spent all their savings on his education. Their son studied to be a pilot, and the couple paid $45,000 for pilot training in the US.
The man married six years ago, but he followed his career as a pilot. He didn’t start a family.
The couple wanted compensation for their help for their son. They asked their son to have a child within one year, or they demand $675,000.
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.