Indian singer killed – level 3
A famous Indian singer named Sidhu Moose Wala was shot dead in the northern Indian state of Punjab in broad daylight. The singer died while going to the hospital.
The event happened only one day after police reduced his security cover. Authorities said that they suspected inter-gang violence; however, Moose Wala’s family demanded an apology for the suggestion without an investigation.
Moose Wala was traveling with two other people who were injured in the attack. According to police, the singer’s security was reduced to two commandos from four, and they weren’t traveling with him when he was attacked.
Moose Walla was one of Punjab’s biggest pop stars; however, he was also a controversial person. Critics often commented on his promoting of violence and gun culture. The singer made his political debut in 2021 when he joined the main opposition party in India.
Difficult words: security cover (a service to provide protection), commando (a soldier who has training on dangerous or difficult attacks), debut (the first appearance or performance).
You can watch the video news lower on this page.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.
- Choose one person from the Skype section.
- Talk with this person. You can answer questions from Speak in Levels.
Stock images by Depositphotos