India’s first hand transplant – level 1
This news is about a man. His name is Manu. He is from India. Manu has an accident. He loses his hands.
Another man has an accident, too. He dies, but his hands are OK. Doctors take these hands. They transplant them onto Manu. Manu is very happy. He can do regular activities again.
This is India’s first hand transplant. It is a great achievement.
Difficult words: transplant (to take a part of somebody’s body and give it to somebody else), regular (normal), achievement (something which you do well).
You can read the original story and watch the video in the Level 3 section.
Did you see the video? The man looks more shocked than happy, doesn't he?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.
- Choose one person from the Skype section.
- Talk with this person. You can answer questions from Speak in Levels.
Stock images by Depositphotos