International Day of Yoga – level 2
Yoga is a physical, mental and spiritual practice from ancient India. For many people, it is a way to keep fit and relax.
In December 2014, people declared June 21st the International Day of Yoga. June 21st is also the summer solstice, which is the longest day of the year in the northern hemisphere.
Millions around the world celebrated Yoga Day. In India, tens of thousands joined Prime Minister Narendra Modi in a yoga session.
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.