International Women’s Day – level 2
On Friday, March 8th, it was International Women’s Day, and many people across the world took part in protests.
In Pakistan, people called for an end to violence against women. In India, women called for action on domestic violence. In the Philippines, protesters wanted Duterte to start respecting women’s rights. In Istanbul, there were also protests.
In Russia, the military released group photos of its soldiers with ballerinas to celebrate the day. However, there were none of the country’s 45,000 servicewomen in the pictures.
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.