International Yoga Day – level 2
International Yoga Day is celebrated on Sunday 21st of June. Thousands of people participated in preparation for the day in New Delhi. The numbers even affected traffic in parts of the capital.
School children, members of the armed forces, government officials and yoga enthusiasts participated. One student talked about practising yoga. He said that yoga balances stress.
Prime Minister Modi will perform yoga at a public event next month – he is trying to increase the popularity of yoga.
Difficult words: participate (to do something), affect (to change in some way), enthusiast (a person who is enthusiastic about something – loves doing something).
You can read the original story and watch the video in the Level 3 section.
Do you do yoga?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.
- Choose one person from the Skype section.
- Talk with this person. You can answer questions from Speak in Levels.
Stock images by Depositphotos