Internet for Refugees – level 1
Facebook is very popular. Almost 1 billion people visit it every day. Mark Zuckerberg created Facebook.
Mark Zuckerberg goes to a meeting. There, he meets with Angela Merkel and other people.
Mark Zuckerberg speaks at the meeting. He talks about the Internet. He says that it is a human right.
He says that the Internet can be good for refugees. For example, they can talk with their families. Facebook wants to give the Internet to refugees.
Difficult words: create (to make something), human right (a human right is something you must have to have a good life), refugee (a person who must leave his or her country because of something bad like war).
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
Do you think the Internet is a human right?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.
- Choose one person from the Skype section.
- Talk with this person. You can answer questions from Speak in Levels.
Stock images by Depositphotos