Internet for Refugees – level 2
Mark Zuckerberg, the co-founder of Facebook, was at a forum the United Nations organised. He met with people like Angela Merkel, and U2’s frontman Bono.
At the forum, he talked about the Internet. He said that Facebook and other companies are working to bring the Internet to refugees. Refugees can use the Internet to communicate with their families. Mark Zuckerberg also said that the Internet is a human right.
Facebook is so popular that almost 1 billion people visit it in one day. Mark Zuckerberg said that the website will continue to grow.
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
Do you think the Internet is a human right?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.