Interpol Wants Nissan Chairman – level 3
Interpol, the International Police Organization, issued a wanted notice for a former Nissan chairman named Carlos Ghosn who fled Japan for Lebanon last week.
Ghosn faces charges of financial misconduct in Japan, and he was living under house arrest before he ran away.
Lebanon´s justice minister said that the country received a Red Notice about Ghosn on Thursday. A Red Notice is a request from Interpol to locate and provisionally arrest a wanted person. The justice minister said that the country will respect the notice, but he added that Lebanese authorities have no charges against Ghosn because he entered Lebanon using a legal passport.
It is not clear how Ghosn managed to leave Japan because he gave his passports to his lawyers. According to Turkish media, several people were arrested to investigate how he fled Japan to Lebanon through Istanbul.
You can watch the video news lower on this page.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.