Iran and Saudi Arabia – level 1
This news is about Saudi Arabia and Iran. Saudi Arabia has an embassy in Iran.
People in Iran protest. They attack the embassy. The diplomats must leave Iran.
Saudi Arabia is not happy. It does not want Iranian diplomats. The diplomats must leave Saudi Arabia.
The situation between Saudi Arabia and Iran is not good. Saudi Arabia kills 47 people. One of them is an Iranian cleric. Iran is not happy about this. The situation is not getting better.
Difficult words: embassy (a place for diplomats), diplomat (a person who represents his or her country in another country), cleric (a religious leader; a man of God).
You can read the original story and watch the video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this situation between Iran and Saudi Arabia?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.
- Choose one person from the Skype section.
- Talk with this person. You can answer questions from Speak in Levels.
Stock images by Depositphotos