Iran and Saudi Arabia – level 2
Protestors attacked the embassy of Saudi Arabia in Iran. The Saudi diplomats had to leave, and Saudi Arabia stopped communicating with Iran. Also, Iranian diplomats in Saudi Arabia had to leave the country.
The situation between the two countries is tense, and it is not getting better. Saudi Arabia killed an Iranian cleric and 46 other people. According to Saudi Arabia, they were terrorists. Iran said that the politicians of Saudi Arabia will pay for this.
Difficult words: embassy (a place for diplomats – people who represent their countries in another country), tense (nervous and angry), cleric (a priest or religious leader).
You can read the original story and watch the video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this situation between Iran and Saudi Arabia?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.
- Choose one person from the Skype section.
- Talk with this person. You can answer questions from Speak in Levels.
Stock images by Depositphotos