Iran school attacks – level 1
In September last year, Iranian police arrest Mahsa Amini. She dies while she is at the police station. This starts big protests across the country. Even girls and women protest. It is very unusual in Iran.
Since November, more than 50 attacks happen in girls’ schools in Iran. These are poison attacks. Girls say that they smell perfume. Then, they start to feel sick. They have a cough. Their eyes burn. Some girls cannot move. More than one thousand girls are ill.
Some people believe that the attacks happen because of the protests. The attacks start new protests. Iranian officials say that it is necessary to catch the person responsible for such horrible attacks.
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What could be the motivation for these mysterious attacks in Iranian girls' schools?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.