Iranian President Dies – level 2
Akbar Hashemi Rafsanjani was the President of Iran from 1989 to 1997. This week, he suffered a heart attack. He died at the age of 82.
The funeral hapepned at Tehran University. Tens of thousands of people came to the funeral. Iran went into three days of official mourning.
Difficult words: suffer (have), funeral (the event of putting a dead person into the ground or burning the body), mourning (feeling or showing that you are sad because somebody died).
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.