Ireland After Brexit – level 3
UK Prime Minister Boris Johnson is against the arrangement included in previous Brexit proposals. He came up with his idea how to solve the problem with the Irish border. However, he has less than a month for his plans because the UK must leave the European Union on October 31st.
There are two countries on the island of Ireland – Ireland is a member of the European Union, and Northern Ireland is a part of the UK. Johnson wants to create a special zone on the island, so that these two countries can openly trade goods without border checkpoints.
The previous Brexit proposals said that the UK must follow the custom rules of the European Union. According to Johnson, this will be negative for the UK. The president of the European Union, Jean-Claude Juncker, welcomed Johnson´s proposal, but he said that there are still some problems to be solved.
You can watch the video news lower on this page.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the questions under today’s news and write them in the comments.
- Chat in our Facebook Group for 2 minutes. You can write about today’s news.