Is globalization ending? – level 3
Robert Moritz, PWC Global Chairman gives his perspective on globalization.
According to Moritz, globalization is not dead; however, it’s undergoing a transformation. Traditional global trade and engagement on a worldwide scale may be limited, but there is still a need for such interactions, although on a more regional or bilateral basis. Moritz anticipates a shift towards greater regionalization rather than fragmentation, with regions like North America, Europe, and Asia integrating and converging. Despite the perception of increased fragmentation, efforts to enhance trade exposure and exports between countries within these regions are evident.
Moritz suggests that economic growth may stem from disaggregation rather than global integration. They foresee an evolution of globalization, emphasizing more regional and possibly bilateral globalization as an unstoppable and logical progression in global trade.
You can watch the video news lower on this page.
What long-term economic implications can be expected from the anticipated shift towards regionalization?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.