Is the Russian President Healthy – level 1
The Russian president Vladimir Putin is 68 years old. Some people believe that he is not healthy.
People worry about Putin´s health in the past, too. But now some people think that Putin has Parkinson´s disease. It is a serious disease. It means a person cannot control how his body moves.
A video shows Putin. He is sitting in his chair. His legs are shaking. He is holding tight to his chair. But another video shows Putin on an icebreaker. He looks healthy.
Putin makes a new law. This law gives him lifelong legal immunity. It means that it will not be possible to bring him to court. Some people believe that Putin wants to end his job next year.
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.