Is the Russian President Healthy – level 2
There are claims that the Russian president Vladimir Putin is going to end in his job next year.
Some people believe that the Russian leader is suffering from Parkinson’s disease, but he said that it is not true. Putin is 68 years old, and it is not the first time when people think that he is not healthy.
A video showed Putin sitting at his desk, but his legs were shaking and he was holding tight to a chair. This made many people believe that Putin was ill. Recently, Putin took part in a ceremony on an icebreaker and he seemed healthy.
Putin introduced a new law that will give him legal immunity after he ends his job. For some people, this is a sign that Putin is planning to retire.
Difficult words: claim (when somebody says something but he does not have enough information that it is true), icebreaker (a big ship that breaks ice at sea), legal immunity (when it is not possible to bring legal action against somebody), retire (to choose to stop working).
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.