Is there a ghost?! – level 3
Just another night at the theatre, or is there something spooky going on here? Look again.
This bone-chilling CCTV was captured at the Brookside Theatre in Romford, Essex and shows a chair appearing to move on its own.
Could this be evidence of ghosts? Middle class theatre-loving ghosts, but ghosts? To make things weirder, this potentially supernatural event happened after a psychic medium had been on stage earlier in the night. Maybe he summoned some spirits and forgot to put them back.
The theatre’s manager Jai Sepple said that a lot of weird things had happened in the building over the years – we assume he’s talking about pantomimes which are always bizarre – but he did add that this is easily the freakiest thing he’s seen.
Difficult words: spooky (frightening and ghostly), bone-chilling (scary), CCTV (security camera video), Middle class theatre-loving (people who are have some money and enjoy theatre), supernatural (not normal), psychic medium (person who says that they can communicate with dead people), summon (order someone to be present), pantomime (play for children which is played around Christmas or a play during which nobody speaks), freakiest (scariest).
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.