Israel on the Moon – level 2
Israel launched a small space craft to the moon on a Falcon 9 SpaceX rocket. The journey to the moon will be long – it will take 1,5 months.
There is a quicker way to get to the moon, but Israel does not have a big enough rocket for that. This spacecraft is unmanned, and it is only 585 kilograms heavy. It is going to land on the moon on 11 April.
The mission hopes to inspire students into STEM subjects.
Difficult words: launch (send up), unmanned (without people inside), STEM (certain subjects at school – science, technology, engineering and mathematics).
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.
- Choose one person from the Skype section.
- Talk with this person. You can answer questions from Speak in Levels.
Stock images by Depositphotos