Israeli official speaks about a nuclear bomb – level 3
Israeli Heritage Minister Amihai Eliyahu mentioned the possibility of using a nuclear bomb on Gaza during a radio interview.
However, Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu quickly distanced the government from this comment, stating it wasn’t based on reality and that Israel adheres to international law to avoid harming innocent people. Eliyahu later claimed his comment was metaphorical. Gaza has experienced intense bombardment recently, and the Israeli Defense Forces (IDF) have divided Gaza into two parts, with preparations to enter Gaza City. Hamas reports over 10,000 casualties in Gaza, and the humanitarian situation is deteriorating.
The Jordanian military air-dropped medical supplies into northern Gaza, coordinated with Israel, but calls for a humanitarian pause in hostilities from the US and others remain unanswered.
You can watch the video news lower on this page.
What steps are being taken to address the humanitarian crisis in Gaza?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.