Israeli yacht saves migrants – level 1
A yacht is at sea. It is an Israeli yacht. It is near the Turkish coast.
People on the yacht see people in the water. They are migrants. There are eleven of them. The crew saves the migrants.
One of the migrants is a mother. She carries her dead baby. The baby was 6 months old.
Difficult words: yacht (a large boat for fun or sport), coast (the area where the land meets the sea), crew (all the people who work on a ship/boat).
You can read the original story and watch the video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this news about the migrants?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.