ISS catches the Dragon – level 1
The Dragon is a spacecraft. It is on a rocket. The rocket goes to space.
The rocket is special. It is reusable. People can use it more than one time.
The rocket goes to space and then returns. It lands on a ship. The ship is robotic. It is at sea.
The Dragon flies to space. It flies to the International Space Station. It becomes part of the ISS. It brings the ISS mice and seeds. The astronauts do experiments with them. The Dragon returns to Earth in May.
Difficult words: spacecraft (a flying thing that goes to space), land (to come back to the land or the ground), seed (a small thing which becomes a plant), Earth (“our” planet).
You can read the original story and watch the video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.
- Choose one person from the Skype section.
- Talk with this person. You can answer questions from Speak in Levels.
Stock images by Depositphotos