ISS Now in for Business – level 3
The International Space Station has been always closed to the public, and NASA previously was strongly against allowing tourists and commercial interest on the ISS. Commercial activity so far has been limited to science experiments.
However, the agency’s chief financial officer told reporters that commercialising the station will enable NASA ‘to focus resources’ to land the next man and the first woman on the moon by 2024. NASA now has declared parts of the ISS open for business – it will let private astronauts visit and stay as early as next year, will allow in-space manufacturing, health care research and even marketing.
Also, back in May, the Trump administration said that it would ask Congress to add $1.6 billion to NASA’s budget next year to help finance NASA’s plans to send astronauts back to the moon.
You can watch the video news lower on this page.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.