Italian army grows marijuana – level 1
This news is from Italy. Doctors there can prescribe marijuana to people. It can help many patients. However, only a few people want the marijuana. It is expensive. It costs 38 euros.
Italy wants to make the drug cheaper. It tells the army to grow it. The price of marijuana is going to halve.
Difficult words: prescribe (to let people buy a medicine), patient (a person who is at the doctor’s office), halve (to be reduced to 50%).
You can read the original story and watch the video in the Level 3 section.
Do you use or smoke marijuana?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.