Italy After Coronavirus – level 2
Italy was among the most affected countries by the coronavirus in Europe. More than 230,000 people became sick, and more than 33,000 people died.
Now, it seems that the situation is getting better. On Wednesday, Italy opened its borders to tourists from neighboring countries.
It was very difficult for Italians to stay at home during the coronavirus pandemic. Italians are very lively and sociable; they love to go out, eat in restaurants, and meet friends. Now, they are starting to live normal lives again, and they are happy about it. It is necessary to follow some rules that stop the spread of the coronavirus; however, Italians feel free and full of hope.
Currently, there are about 600,000 holiday bookings in Italy. The number is not very high; however, officials believe that it is the start of better times.
Difficult words: neighboring (next to or near a place), pandemic (an illness or a sickness that makes many people in many countries sick at the same time), sociable (when someone is friendly, and he likes to meet other people).
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the questions under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.