James Bond is Back – level 3
Daniel Craig’s final James Bond film finally had its world premiere in London, 18 months later than planned, because the COVID-19 pandemic delayed it.
With the guest list made up of Oscar winners and British royalty, it was cinema’s most high-profile red carpet event since the start of the pandemic.
‘No Time To Die’ is Craig’s fifth movie as 007, the suave British secret agent, ending a 15-year tenure that began with 2006’s ‘Casino Royale’. Craig said that the role was incredibly important to cinema and to history, and he was very lucky to be a part of it.
Producer Barbara Broccoli, who controls the franchise with co-producer Michael G Wilson, said that they would not start thinking about Craig’s replacement until next year. Meanwhile, the film industry is watching closely to see how ‘No Time To Die’ performs at the box office, and whether fans will come back in large numbers now most cinemas have reopened.
Difficult words: suave (charming and elegant), tenure (the period of time when someone holds a job, especially in an official position), franchise (the right or license to granted to someone to market a product or services).
You can watch the video news lower on this page.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.