Japanese black burger – level 3
Burger King Japan has shocked customers around the world by introducing its latest product. Yes, it is a burger but this one is completely black.
The crazy concept was a big hit on the internet even before the burgers went on sale and now customers in Japan are actually able to go out and buy them.
The black burger features two buns with bamboo charcoal powder mixed in to give it that charred look. The beef was darkened with black pepper as well as the black cheese. And that weird-looking black sauce is actually barbecue sauce with squid ink.
So what does it taste like? Well one happy eater said it would go well with rice!
“It looked like a normal burger but when I bit into it, it tasted charcoal-grilled and felt like I was eating Japanese barbecued beef. I even thought it would go well with rice!”
But this isn’t the first time Burger King has pulled this stunt, as the company sold its first black burgers in Japan back in 2012.
Difficult words: charcoal (special coal made usually from burned wood), charred (burnt), charcoal-grilled (to be cooked on a grill with charcoal).
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.