Japanese princess will get married – level 1
Japanese Princess Mako will marry Kei Komuro on October 26. Mako is 29 years old. She is the niece of Emperor Naruhito.
She meets Komuro at college. They get engaged in 2017. An unpleasant situation happens in Komuro´s family. People write about his mother. She has debts.
Mako starts to have health problems. Mako and Komuro postpone the wedding. Komuro leaves Japan. He studies in the US. He returns home last week.
It is usual in Japan that when a princess gets married, she will not be a part of the royal family anymore. She will be an ordinary person.
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.