Jet Suit – level 1
Richard Browning starts a business in 2017. He makes jet suits. A jet suit is a special equipment that a person wears. It can help him move above the ground.
Browning makes a team with British mountain rescuers. They want to make a jet suit for paramedics. Paramedics help people in emergency situations. They are not doctors. However, they do medical work. They save people’s lives. People have accidents in the mountains. It is important to get to them quickly.
The team does a test in the mountains. They choose a place. They pretend that an accident happens there. It takes 25 minutes to walk to this place. Browning uses the jet suit. He gets to the place in 90 seconds.
Difficult words: equipment (a thing that people use for a certain task), emergency (a serious and often dangerous situation), pretend (when you do something that seems real but it is not).
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.
- Choose one person from the Skype section.
- Talk with this person. You can answer questions from Speak in Levels.
Stock images by Depositphotos