John Lemon – level 2
Yoko Ono, the widow of the famous singer, John Lennon, sued a Polish company named ‘John Lemon’ for copyright infringement.
The lemonade company said that Lennon and Lemon are two different names, and that the company sells lemonade, not music. However, the company also made some ads with Lennon’s famous glasses and used his words ‘imagine’ and ‘let it be’. There is also a wall painting of John Lennon holding a lemon tree next to the company’s name.
Instead of a long and expensive battle with Ono’s lawyers, Mr Lemon changed the company name to ‘On Lemon’.
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.