Johny Depp in court – level 2
Amber Heard was a wife of American actor Johny Depp. Six years ago, she wrote for the Washington Post that Depp abused her, which completely changed the couple’s lives.
Last week, a 50-million-dollar trial started in Virginia, and Depp spoke that he never hit his ex-wife or anyone. He said that Heard only wanted to damage his reputation, which already happened, since people behaved differently towards him.
Heard’s lawyers said that the actor liked drugs and alcohol, and he often drank or did drugs too much. Depp’s lawyers said that Heard accused Depp of domestic violence only because she wanted to get money from him, to become more popular, and to damage his reputation as an actor.
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.