Joke About a Bicycle – level 1
A man is driving in the city. The maximum speed in the city is 60 km per hour. He goes 80 km per hour. A policeman stops the man. The policeman comes to the car. The man opens the window.
“Good afternoon,” says the policeman. “You went very fast. You will pay 50 euros.”
“I know,” says the man. He is not happy but he gives the money to the policeman.
“This is your ticket,” says the policeman.
“I don’t need a ticket. What will I do with the ticket?” says the man.
“Keep the ticket. When you get four tickets, you will get a bicycle.”
Free jokes for students of English organised into three levels of difficulty.
What do you think about the joke?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.