Joke About a Bicycle – level 3
A man is driving in the city. He ignores the speed limit which is 60 km per hour. He goes at 80 km per hour. He is stopped by a policeman. The policeman walks up to the car. The man pulls down his window.
“Good afternoon,” says the officer. “You were speeding. It’s gonna be 50 euros.”
“I know,” says the man unhappily and gives the money to the policeman.
“This is your receipt,” says the policeman.
“I don’t need a receipt. What am I gonna do with it?” says the man.
“Keep it. When you get four of them, you will get a bicycle.”
Free jokes for students of English organised into three levels of difficulty.
What do you think about the joke?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.
- Choose one person from the Skype section.
- Talk with this person. You can answer questions from Speak in Levels.
Stock images by Depositphotos