Joke About a Lighthouse – level 3
This is a conversation between a Canadian man and a US ship from October 1995. It happened near the Canadian sea coast. Canadian man: You have to change your direction. If you don’t change your direction, there will be a big collision with us.
US ship: We recommend that you change your direction.
Canadian man: It is not possible. You have to change your direction.
US ship: This is the captain of a US ship. You have to change your direction.
Canadian man: It is not possible. We repeat. You have to change your direction.
US ship: This is a US ship. We have a lot of weapons. We repeat. You have to change your direction.
Canadian man: This is a lighthouse. We are waiting for your answer.
Free jokes for students of English organised into three levels of difficulty.
What do you think about the joke?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the questions under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.