Joke about a single man – level 1
Fred is 35 years old. He is single.
One day, a friend asks him, “Why aren’t you married? Can’t you meet a woman who will be a good wife for you?”
Fred answers, “I met many good women, but when I bring them home to meet my parents, my mother doesn’t like them.”
His friend thinks for a moment and says, “I have the perfect idea. Find a girl who is like your mother.”
Two months later they meet again and his friend says, “Did you find the perfect girl? Did your mother like her?”
With an unhappy face, Fred answers, “Yes, I met the perfect girl. She was like my mother. My mother liked her very much.”
The friend says, “So, what’s the problem?”
Fred answers, “My father didn’t like her.”
Free jokes for students of English organised into three levels of difficulty.
What do you think about the joke?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the questions under today’s news and write them in the comments.
- Chat in our Facebook Group for 2 minutes. You can write about today’s news.