Jules Bianchi dies – level 2
French Formula One driver Jules Bianchi had an accident last October. It happened at the Japanese Grand Prix. He crashed into a recovery vehicle at 126 kilometres per hour. He sustained critical head injuries.
The young man was in a coma until now – he died on Saturday at a hospital in Nice. His family, who lives in the South of France, said that their pain cannot be put into words.
The late Formula One driver had a funeral at a cathedral in Nice. Hundreds of fans and many Formula One stars came.
Difficult words: recovery vehicle (a truck which can move cars), coma (a very deep sleep), late (dead).
You can read the original story and watch the video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about what happened to Jules Bianchi?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.