Karate Against Rape – level 2
There is war in Myanmar in which many people die, are displaced and raped. The Myanmar Army uses rape as a weapon against its enemies.
An organisation arranged karate lessons at a camp for the internally displaced. These girls lost their homes and families and now are learning to protect themselves against rape.
Difficult words: displaced (when you must leave your home because of a bad situation), rape (have sex with a person when he or she does not want to), internally displaced (when you are displaced but still in your country).
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.
- Choose one person from the Skype section.
- Talk with this person. You can answer questions from Speak in Levels.
Stock images by Depositphotos