Killer Whales in Tokyo Bay- level 1
Killer whales swim through a bay. The bay is near Tokyo. It is very exciting to see killer whales near Tokyo. It is rare.
The Coast Guard tells ships to be careful. Ships can hit whales sometimes.
Killer whales have another name. They are also called orca whales. They live in all oceans. They live in cold oceans. They live in warm oceans. There are many killer whales. We think that there are 50,000 of them in the world.
Difficult words: bay (a part of the sea), exciting (something very interesting), rare (special).
You can read the original story and watch the video in the Level 3 section.
Do you like killer whales?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.