Kimchi juice – level 1
Kimchi is a Korean dish. People make it from cabbage, onions, and other vegetables.
Sometimes they put fish and hot pepper in kimchi. They ferment the vegetables. Ferment is a special process. In the process, bacteria change sugar into alcohol. Fermented vegetables is very healthy.
Park Yun-Kyung is a Korean businesswoman. She travels a lot. She misses kimchi when she is abroad.
Then she gets and idea. She makes a kimchi juice. She takes it with her on her business trips.
Kimchi is more popular during the coronavirus. People eat more health. Park wants to sell kimchi juice in more countries.
Difficult words: dish (food which a person prepares and eats), bacterium (a very small living thing which sometimes makes food dangerous, but it can be healthy, too), abroad (in or to another country).
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.