Kimchi juice – level 2
A South Korean businesswoman Park Yun-Kyung came up with a new detox drink, kimchi juice.
Kimchi is a Korean dish which has fermented cabbage or other vegetables, sometimes fish and chili peppers. Park travelled a lot, and on her trips to Europe and America, she missed kimchi a lot. It was not easy to take it with he, because it smelled a lot. Park thought of other ways to eat kimchi, and then she got an idea to make a kimchi juice, which she started to sell internationally.
Park said that Korean kimchi became very popular during the pandemic. Scientists said that it was very healthy, and many people started to eat it more. Park hoped that her drink would become popular, too.
Difficult words: detox (a healthy food or drink which takes bad substances from a person´s body), ferment (to go through a chemical process during which some living things change sugar into alcohol), internationally (in more countries).
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.