Kitesurfing record – level 1
Kitesurfers set a record in 2013. There were over 300 of them. They set the record because they were so many of them. This record is now broken.
A large group of people break this record in Spain. The wind blew at 27 knots (50 kilometres per hour). This weather was very challenging. There were professionals and amateurs.
Difficult words: amount (number), challenging (difficult), professional/amateur (person who does something for money/person who does something just for fun).
You can read the original story and watch the video in the Level 3 section.
Can you kitesurf?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.
- Choose one person from the Skype section.
- Talk with this person. You can answer questions from Speak in Levels.
Stock images by Depositphotos