Kitesurfing record – level 2
A kitesurfing armada broke a Guinness World Record in Spain. A strong wind blew at 27 knots (50 kilometres per hour) and created serious challenges for the kitesurfers.
The large group of boarders was made up of professionals as well as amateurs. They set the new record for the largest en masse kitesurf. They beat the 318 kitesurfers who set the previous record in 2013.
Difficult words: armada (big group), challenge (difficult situation), en masse (in a group).
You can read the original story and watch the video in the Level 3 section.
Can you kitesurf?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.