Knife in the Head – level 2
A taxi driver in Peru had an argument over a motorbike with another man. The man stabbed the taxi driver in the head. He later admitted to the crime and police arrested him.
The taxi driver was walking around confused, but he remained conscious. He even walked by himself into a hospital with the knife in his head.
The doctors operated on him and removed the knife.
Difficult words: stab (cut with a knife), admit (say that you did something), confused (if you are confused, you do not know what is happening), conscious (if you are conscious, you do not fall asleep).
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.