Koala Rides on a Wheel – level 3
A koala rode 16 kilometres near Adelaide, Australia, inside an arch for a car wheel. The driver did not notice until he stopped and heard the animal making noise.
A woman with an animal rescue organisation said that it was incredible, but the koala was in shock. The organisation took her straight to the vet.
People named the koala Kelli, after one of her rescuers, and put the koala back into the wild. She quickly climbed up a tree and went to sleep.
Koalas are a vulnerable species as there are less than 100,000 of them in the wild.
Difficult words: arch (one of the four curved structures where the wheels are), vulnerable (in an unsafe state).
You can watch the video news lower on this page.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.
- Choose one person from the Skype section.
- Talk with this person. You can answer questions from Speak in Levels.
Stock images by Depositphotos